Mamma Mia Mushrooms!
For the love of Mushrooms let’s dive in for some amazingly delicious and easy to make recipes. If your kids do not really like Mushrooms, you should definitely try these Recipes to change their opinions forever.
So without further ado, let’s get to it!
I) Vegan Portobello Mushroom Gravy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups baby Portobellos, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/8 teaspoon all spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onions, and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown.
- Mix in flour and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring constantly. It will be very thick and want to stick to the bottom; try and keep it from sticking too much.
- Add vegetable broth, red wine, and spices and stir together. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, stir constantly for 5-7 minutes, scraping the bottom as necessary, until gravy begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and serve.
II) Smoky Mushroom Gratin
- 2 pounds assorted mushrooms such as cremini, oyster, chanterelle or white button
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil plus more for the baking dish
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt divided
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 ounces shredded Le Gruyère cheese divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Halve or thickly slice mushrooms that are larger than about 1 1/2 inches across; leave the rest whole. Set 6 whole mushrooms aside. Place remaining mushrooms on a large rimmed baking sheet and toss with oil and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Roast until very soft and browned, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, skewer reserved mushrooms on 2 metal skewers. Hold the ends of the skewers with oven mitts and place mushrooms over an open flame (such as a gas burner or outdoor grill on high setting) and cook, turning frequently, until charred all over, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove mushrooms from the skewer and place on a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, coarsely chop.
- Oil a 1 1/2-quart gratin dish or 8-inch-square baking dish. In a large bowl, stir together half-and-half, half of the cheese, pepper, nutmeg and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir in roasted mushrooms and charred mushrooms. Pour mixture into a gratin dish and press down gently with the back of a spoon to level. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, parsley and bread crumbs. Lower the oven temperature to 350°F; bake gratin until top is well-browned and edges are bubbling, about 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
III) Mixed Mushroom Soup
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 pound fresh button mushrooms, stems chopped, cap sliced
- 5 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 5 cups canned beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
1. Place Enoki Mushroom in large bowl. Pour enough hot water over to cover. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain well. Cut off stems and discard. Thinly slice caps. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in heavy large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, button mushroom stems and garlic; sauté until onion is golden, about 10 minutes. Add brandy; stir until almost all liquid evaporates, about 1 minute. Add flour; stir 2 minutes. Gradually stir in broth; add nutmeg. Cover; simmer until soup is slightly thickened, about 25 minutes.
3. Add Sliced Enoki Mushroom caps to soup and simmer just until button mushroom caps are slightly wilted, about 5 minutes. Add cream and simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before serving.)
IV) Wood Ear Mushroom Salad
- 4 cups Black Fungus Mushrooms, trimmed and washed
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1-2 fresh red chili peppers, deseeded and chopped (optional)
- 1½ tablespoons Chinese black vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallions (and/or cilantro)
1. In a medium-sized pot, cook the Black Fungus in boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
2. Drain and rinse under cold running water to cool them completely. Set aside and let any excess water drain off. You can also use a salad spinner to get rid of the excess water.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the garlic, peppers, vinegar, light soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil until the sugar dissolves. Next, add the Black Fungus Mushrooms and mix well. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Make sure to stir and mixture again before serving, as the sauce tends to settle to the bottom. Plate and garnish with the chopped scallion and/or cilantro.
You can find all the delicious ingredients mentioned in the above recipes on our website. Do try these and let us know.
The #1 Best Fruit for Your Heart, Say Dietitians
Why berries are the #1 fruit to protect your heart.
While all fruit is good fruit, and there are plenty of reasons to enjoy a couple o…
Mar 19, 2022
Striking the Balance with Exotics!!!
Have you ever thought how Broccoli is more preferred than Cauliflower nowadays?
Ever given a…
Jan 31, 2021
Fats - Not Bad!!!
We have always been confused about eating fats, as we think eating fats would lead to weight gain and considered it as the root cause of heart pro…
Jan 19, 2021
Know Your Sugar Better!
We came up with this topic because it is the basic step to start the healthy journey which is the new year resolution of most of the people! To un…
Jan 06, 2021
Picture an old - fashioned see saw, with plenty of ups and downs. That’s how our blood sugar level goes over the course of day. That all dep…
Dec 28, 2020
Not So Sweet!!!
Drinking 12 Oz of regular Coke with 140 calories is a big no when compared with Diet Coke which contains zero calories. Do you know, wha…
Dec 09, 2020
Dry Fruits - The Ultimate Powerhouse!
Remember receiving those colourful and decorated boxes packed with different types of wholesome delights? The popular and most loved superfood, kn…
Dec 04, 2020
C.H.E.E.S.E - Your Favourite Food
Yummmm!!!! that stretchy mozzarella on pizza and those fragrant pieces of deliciousness and goodness that changes the food into a heavenly treat! …
Nov 25, 2020
The Modern Milk Variants
Have you ever wondered, why milk is considered as the most important and healthy drink for the human body? Packed with calcium, p…
Nov 18, 2020
The New Age Meat!
Imagine a dinner table which has Bacon Caesar Salad, Chicken Florentine, Prawns in Brandy Sauce, the grand Pork Pepperoni & the epic Bruschett…
Oct 26, 2020
Whole Foods - The Way Forward!
The more we get to know about healthy eating and nutrition, the more we think we should eat the way people did a hundred years ago!
Oct 07, 2020
Bravocado Recipes - Part Two!!
So the previous blog was just not enough. Avocado as a superfood is quite versatile. From Pancakes to Ice Creams, from Toasts to Tacos this super …
Sep 28, 2020
Bravocado Recipes - Part One!!
Struggling to make your meal delicious with super healthy Avocados? How to make your family change their not-so-healthy lifestyle and get them on …
Sep 19, 2020
The Legend of Guacamole
How to make your kids eat healthy or incline them towards health foods in their growing years has always been a challenge. And not only kids, it i…
Sep 12, 2020
Fresh Roasted Coffee!
Here's the thing, nothing is more alluring to us than the freshest form of products we consume, and we step onto the same boat when we talk ab…
Sep 07, 2020
Covid-19: A few myths busted!
The world came to a halt with the outbreak of SARS-CoV-2 popularly feared by the name of Coronavirus.
The World Health Organisation…
Jun 09, 2020
The Quintessential Fresh Story !
The year is 2016. We have brands like Nike, Toyota, Mc Donald’s, American Express, Vodafone, and many more, well established in India, provi…
Feb 05, 2020
The Millennial Greens.
All Millennials have completed atleast two decades of their lives. Although, in this social media era, where eyes meet screens more than other eye…
Jan 27, 2020
Your Avocado Story !!
Hey there fellow Avocado-lover, we literally feel the same for this superfood. Avocados, now a staple in West have gained immense popularity in In…
Jan 18, 2020
New Decade: New Responsibilities !
Greetings from Frugivore for the New Year!
2020 is not only a new year but commencement of a new decade. The difference is that this new…
Jan 14, 2020
The Christmas Dinner - Part Two!!
This is with continuation where we left – A room full of happy faces and tummies anticipating on what’s there in the main course and f…
Dec 24, 2019
The Christmas Dinner - Part One!
Let’s face it! Festivities are here and so is our ever not satisfied craving to hit that sweet spot for Christmas Dinner. Surrounded by fami…
Dec 23, 2019
Bugs in your Greens? Tragedy? – No, it’s a love story!
Picture this - you are preparing for a Sunday salad in your kitchen happily slicing your carrots and chopping the leafies when Mr. Bug creeps in u…
Nov 30, 2019
Apple - The one God gave, not Jobs!
The most sold fruit in the whole wide world - Apples are one of the most popular and loved fruit globally. Apples are mostly eaten raw but have va…
Nov 25, 2019
Blueberry Bonanza !
There’s a fad going on around all the food items involving Blueberry already. Cheesecakes, Muffins, Pies and the list goes on with the…
Nov 08, 2019
Vegan's the way!
Going Vegan is not as big as it seems. It’s a matter of choice. Everyone has the right to choose what they want to consume. What has come to…
Oct 18, 2019
50 Shades of Avocado ;)
Avocado is a fruit usually grown in equatorial regions; it has a thick rough skin, and a soft gooey pulp. An Avocado has 5 stages of maturity.…
Sep 19, 2019
Reasons to Buy Grapefruit Online in Delhi
Grapefruits have shot to popularity with more and more people becoming aware of its amazing health benefits. To enjoy grapefruit, one has to acqui…
Jul 26, 2019
Exotic Fruits in Delhi - Stay Healthy and Young
If you are a fruitlover, you can enjoy the goodness of your chosen fruit along with multiple benefits it brings to you. The major benefit of addin…
Jul 26, 2019
Best Foods for Your Skin and Hair
Ever heard of the saying you are what you eat? Turns out, Science has proven it Time and again, as Research consistently find healthy food to be g…
Jul 13, 2019
Going Green – Why are Green Vegetables Recommended?
Obesity and being overweight are major problems plaguing many of the world’s nations, and this unhealthy weight problem has also been leadin…
Jul 13, 2019
Buying Imported Fruits Online ? Read this !!
The fresh-fruit sector of India is now facing changes with the presence of stores selling products and even imported fruits online. And this is al…
Jul 06, 2019
Safety & Hygiene
We are delighted to share with all our patrons that Frugivore is ISO:22000 certified and has HACCP (Hazard and Critical Control Points) in place t…
May 17, 2019
Just like the killing spell of the greatest fictional movie series – ‘Harry Potter’, Avocado is a super effective health fruit w…
May 11, 2019
Where do you buy your Fresh ?
Picture this: an elderly lady dressed in expensive silk saree, gold bangles, diamond ring, platinum earings, wearing an exquisite pashmina, gets d…
Jan 14, 2019
How fresh are you!
When we commissioned this website recently, the question arose - should we have a blog. And it was decided we should because that’s how we c…
Jan 14, 2019
Winter Warm-Up Recipies
Hey folks, its that time of the year again with cold nights and chilly, foggy mornings setting in. Our blogpost today is all about keeping you cos…
Jan 14, 2019
Thailand is famous for many things. Thai Fruits is one of them – fruits are an immensely popular export of Thailand (next only to Thai massa…
Dec 31, 2018